Friday, July 23, 2010

Next Step in Our Journey


Although a surprise that we were getting Scott worked in for his "central line port insertion" on Friday afternoon (today!) hubby was relieved to be making even a small step in his long journey of interferon treatment for melanoma.  The surgical insertion of this catheter will eliminate the need to search for a new vein each time during his month of IV treatment.  It'll be removed after that month, not needed for the months of injections of the interferon at home.

Surprise phonecall #2 informed us that the actual treatment starts this Monday morning.  After hanging up, i took a little moment to panic/cry/stomp on the floor, subconsciously assuming that this has all been an elaborate Ashton Kutcher prank. (Hey, it could happen.). But alas, no Kutcher or Demi to be seen. 

So prayers appreciated for smooth portin' on Friday afternoon....but especially for what weighs heavily on my mind... this first month of 5 day/wk treatment. Will keep posted!

(If you'd like to leave a comment and you don't see the box to start typing it in, just click on the number...I.e. "0 Comments". That'll take you to a comment box!)

And we love your comments! (hint hint) :)  


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you guys! Wish we could be there to help with kids and meals,but God will provide. Praying that Scott's treatment will go smoothly with few side effects. Keep us posted! -Melanie

Anonymous said...

You're an awesome wife! I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you to help me through this. I am blessed. Thank you, horsey!

mom23girls said...

Will be prayin for you ALL!
Love from your "unrighteous prayer warrior!"

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well yesterday. Will be praying that Monday goes smoothly too. Please keep us updated. Would love to bring some food by some evening this week. Will email you and see what day would be best.

EB

Kristi Brummitt said...

Thank you for keeping us updated, Christy. I feel worthless because I don't know what to say. I am grateful that God's Word does not return void so on that I will rely. "What mighty praise, O God, belongs to you in Zion. We will fulfill our vows to you, for you answer our prayers, and to you all people will come. Though our hearts are filled with sins, you forgive them all. What joy for those you choose to bring near, those who live in your holy courts. What joys await us inside your holy Temple. You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior. Ps. 65:1-5
Thank you, Father for hearing our prayers for Scott!! Destroy that which is not from you, heal his body,quiet his pain, comfort his heart and mind as you hold him in your arms and collect his tears. Strengthen him with your Holy Spirit. Thank You, Lord.

Christy said...

Thank you, my sweet girlfriends, for your kind words and upliftings. I'm trying to figure out how I can respond to each of you individually, but for now I'll have to do it en masse. :) Even the smallest little 'hello' is so nice to read....so thank you, thank you!